The Five Frequencies
Listen now to this episode on Inside LaunchStreet:
The five frequencies leaders need to turn their company culture into a competitive advantage.
Increasingly more organizations are actually recognizing that they have to be more serious about culture than they ever have before. But why is culture so important, and how are we as leaders shaping our company culture? Jeff Grimshaw believes there are five key frequencies we need to tune into so that we can create the culture we want.
Jeff Grimshaw has worked with senior leaders for more than 25 years. Along the way, he’s helped hundreds of executives in dozens of companies to align people and strategy to produce important business results. Jeff is the co-author of two books and has also published articles in various publications. His latest book, Five Frequencies: Leadership Signals that Turn Culture into Competitive Advantage, dives into the ways in which leaders create culture through the signals they broadcast.
Jeff breaks down the Five Frequencies, and how they make an impact on the culture you are trying to cultivate in your company.
1) Your decisions and actions — how can you strike a balance between showing and telling?
2) What you reward and recognize — what are some of the improvements that can be done so that the reward system aligns with what creates value?
3) What you tolerate or don’t tolerate -— that’s where a lot of crossed wires happen!
4) How you show up informally — first of all, it means you have to show up, and secondly, it is an opportunity to change the conversation.
5) Formal communication — how you can use this to amplify your signals on the other frequencies.
Getting the five frequencies in alignment helps you build a culture that fosters more innovation across the business. Find out how with Jeff.
Mentioned In This Episode: